PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value bet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2)
    SB ($1.94)
    BB ($5.92)
    UTG ($5.95)
    MP1 ($3.01)
    Hero (MP2) ($1)
    CO ($2.13)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7, 7
    UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.07) 7, 10, 8 (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.05, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.05

Turn: ($0.17) J (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.17) A (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $0.17 | Rake: $0

The player who calls my bet on the flop is loose/passive preflop, limping a huge range, playing almost every hand. This guy didn't seem like the type of player who would be checking a straight or flush, in previous hands with very strong holdings post flop he had bet very aggressively. I did feel my set was best once he checks the turn and river, but I wasn't sure if it was worth value betting because I don't know if he would call with 1 pair or 2 pair hands on this board. Should I value bet in this spot?
    Last edited by PaidInFull6; Thu Mar 24, 2011, 06:37 PM.

Unless you had a read that he was a "trappy" kind of player and would check with intentions to raise on turn/river I would have probably put out a pot size bet on river with hopes that he had hit some kind of two pair on the river when that ace binked.

However, I think a check to showdown is okay here to. Betting for value in this spot is very tricky because there is not a lot that you beat that will call you. So either way, I think you are okay here. Just unfortunate board for your set. But that's just my opinion lol ... I am no pro.

Comment

gotta make a bet on the river
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I felt like such a nit checking the river but the board was so dangerous I didn't want to bet. Think value bet the river with intention to fold to a reraise would be correct here, will keep it in mind for future reference.

Would still like some more opinions if you have one feel free to share.
        Last edited by PaidInFull6; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.