PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5th hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th hand

I was gonna call the 1st shove because he shoved with Kh6h the previous hand But big red bri called who I played before I know he got a hand So after a thunk I folded 7 hands later I get cowboys again lol

Sorry Spike, I don't think your ranking is high enough to fold KK. QQ might be a good fold, but not KK. Yes Bri has a hand here. But so do you, and most of the time it's better than Bri's. He can make this call with JJ+ pretty easily. Even AK, AQ and a lot less if he's truly playing any edge he has on the shover's range. You beat everything but AA. As long as you're not worried about the players behind you being total donkeys who will stack off with suited connectors here, I think you should ship it.

Your equity in this pot is huge. If you win which will happen a lot, you will triple up early, which is HUGE! You can take the -15 points or whatever since a single ITM makes up for two earlies. Winning this pot will allow you to fold to good plus points, and will allow you to accumulate chips without having to be all in every hand.

If you had over 1800 points you could fold here without a thought. But as it is you have way too much equity and there's always another PSO you can play. Go for it!
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by oriholic View Post
      Sorry Spike, I don't think your ranking is high enough to fold KK. QQ might be a good fold, but not KK. Yes Bri has a hand here. But so do you, and most of the time it's better than Bri's. He can make this call with JJ+ pretty easily. Even AK, AQ and a lot less if he's truly playing any edge he has on the shover's range. You beat everything but AA. As long as you're not worried about the players behind you being total donkeys who will stack off with suited connectors here, I think you should ship it.

Your equity in this pot is huge. If you win which will happen a lot, you will triple up early, which is HUGE! You can take the -15 points or whatever since a single ITM makes up for two earlies. Winning this pot will allow you to fold to good plus points, and will allow you to accumulate chips without having to be all in every hand.

If you had over 1800 points you could fold here without a thought. But as it is you have way too much equity and there's always another PSO you can play. Go for it!
      +1
      KK Equity = 55.224%
      QQ Equity = 16.752%
      AT Equity = 28.025%
      I don't think I ever fold here, sometimes you just gotta play poker. The chance to triple up and your equity outweigh the potential point loss.

Comment

Thx for replies guys
        To Ori I don't think league position comes into it
        I wanted NOT to go out earlier
        League games are all about survival as in any MTT/S&G game
        I wanted to get positive points not negative points therefore moving me up the league
        I also understand the EV and the chance to triple up
        But I felt that big red bri had AA as he insta called
        One of the hardest things I have learnt is to fold GOOD hands which are harder to fold than "trash"
        I did go on to make positive points , admittedly not huge (2.37) but positive points none the less
        If I had gone out seven minutes into the tourney the negative points would have hurt

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.