PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pocket KK but A on the flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pocket KK but A on the flop

i'm playing limit holdem micro stakes i have KK in the pocket i raise and am called by about 5 player flop comes A ... i'm first to act is that an easy fold or do i call and see?

I would make a small 2bb continuation bet... reraised I fold and curse... if the flat call you just keep the pot small and play

Comment

I go ahead a lead out. It is still only a SB and you may get some weak aces to fold by showing strength. Many times at micro stakes you will also be able to get a cheap showdown with this line as the weak aces will rarely bet for value fearing they are out-kicked.

That being said you are usually beat and should fold if you meet any resistance.

Comment

how far into a tourney and how many chips does everyone have will mean alot here.

If early in a tourney, I'd check and see what happens (because someone more than likely has an A). If later in the tourney or if you have a big chip lead, then I'd bet 2-3bb and see what happens. Either way, if you get raised, you have to muck them.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Depends on how much you raised preflop.

I will cbet 3 players or less almost always
          5 players is tricky and you need alot more info than you gave to make a cbet here.
          If you have a good player with position than I would check,since he will pick up on a weak cbet and
          fireback at you.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.