PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your hands and have them analyzed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your hands and have them analyzed

Hi Members,
    We would really like to get more interaction from our members in this forum.
    So we have asked our live training instructor The Langolier to swing by and analyze some of the hands that are posted. This is not just about Dave giving his thoughts and opinions we really would welcome the input and thoughts from you too. There are many different ways to play hands and everyone has their own opinions, so lets hear them.

To make it more exciting and In order for your hand to be analyzed we would prefer hands to be posted using the new hand analysis tool.

The new tool is easy to use and you can find the instructions here

If you are having issues understanding how to use the PSO Hand Replayer and Odds Calculator, Dave (The Langolier) conducted a live training session to help you all. Post your hand using the hand replayer and get your hand being analyzed in the hand analysis forum.

Check out the Hand Replayer and Odds Calculator Instructional training session video

Regards
    Last edited by PSO Admin; Wed Mar 16, 2011, 07:17 PM.
    Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Comment

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=6C12AE9CAA

You can't even edit with comments?
      Last edited by JT_Sooooted; Fri Mar 04, 2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I have posted the hand into the hand replayer as you can see above and you can post comments about the hand in the reply to that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by PSO Admin View Post
          I have posted the hand into the hand replayer as you can see above and you can post comments about the hand in the reply to that thread.

However, I can't comment within the same post. I was testing it just as you were. It will not allow me to make comments when posting the "replayed" hand. No worries...........

JT

Comment

Comment

Is it ok to get cute here with AA? Table was spewy yet and a raise was sure to come. If not, I have the ability to lay AA. Otherwise, I get a pot such as this. Anyway I can get original raiser in with cold call?

JT

Comment

I think it's ok JT as long as you're confident the raise behind is coming. One of the things you have to take into consideration is your image. For example, take me... I pretty much never open limp into pots. So for me, if I Iimp in EP, it will arouse suspicion in anyone who has been paying attention, and I'm better off just open raising. On the other hand, if the table is spewy and I don't think people are paying attention, then perhaps the tricky play has merit.

If you flat the cold caller might come... he has enough chips to reraise as an isolation play on the short stack. Then again, your limp/cold call of the 3b shove looks super strong anyway imo, so again it's opponent specific. vs. some players they'll think your cold call is weak and you can be pushed off your hand. Vs. more astute players you're more likely to look "weak" (relatively speaking) if you reshove because it then looks like YOU are isolating the all in and don't want him to call. If the original raiser was spewy, the reraise shove is fine, he may think you're isoing and spaz in some poor hands like AQ, plus you ensure getting KK/QQ/JJ in immediately this way (as I don't think he's folding those usually).

Dave
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

New posters: Please open a new thread to post hh's for analysis. Please try and have a go at using the replayer. I've been asked to put together a live training on the forum tool's usage, so that will be coming in one of the currently scheduled "TBA (to be announced)" slots already on the Live Training calendar.

Thanks,
                  Dave
                  Head Live Trainer
                  Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PSO Admin View Post
                    This is not just about Dave giving his thoughts and opinions we really would welcome the input and thoughts from you too. There are many different ways to play hands and everyone has their own opinions, so lets hear them.
                    +1000. The more participation and interaction, the more and the faster we all will grow. umbup: Dave
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

how to post hand don't see a button to post a new thread,only reply to other threads....am i missing something??or should i just paste my hand here?if so,here it is....wondering if i should've gotten away,or what?

Comment

PokerStars Game #59263076179: Tournament #368288648, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2011/03/15 18:39:48 ET
                        Table '368288648 121' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
                        Seat 2: Pokito53 (2445 in chips)
                        Seat 3: EasyChips4U (780 in chips)
                        Seat 4: franaloha (2095 in chips)
                        Seat 5: Chinook146 (6078 in chips)
                        Seat 6: HandPat (2900 in chips)
                        Seat 7: SnapperJohn1 (1065 in chips)
                        Seat 8: HurtToSit (7312 in chips)
                        Seat 9: myoho01 (3135 in chips)
                        Pokito53: posts the ante 25
                        EasyChips4U: posts the ante 25
                        franaloha: posts the ante 25
                        Chinook146: posts the ante 25
                        HandPat: posts the ante 25
                        SnapperJohn1: posts the ante 25
                        HurtToSit: posts the ante 25
                        myoho01: posts the ante 25
                        EasyChips4U: posts small blind 125
                        franaloha: posts big blind 250
                        *** HOLE CARDS ***
                        Dealt to EasyChips4U [9h 9s]
                        Dave3290 is connected
                        Chinook146: folds
                        HandPat: calls 250
                        myoho01 said, "hurt you r a moron"
                        HurtToSit said, "No I'm not."
                        HurtToSit said, "I'm a freakin mind reader."
                        SnapperJohn1: calls 250
                        HurtToSit: calls 250
                        myoho01 said, "picking on a lady yeah u r"
                        HandPat said, "not his fault he is an idit"
                        myoho01: folds
                        myoho01 said, "lol"
                        HandPat said, "idiot"
                        HurtToSit said, "Dude I've listened to her bs chat for months."
                        Pokito53: folds
                        myoho01 said, "sure u have"
                        HandPat said, "then u should know more"
                        EasyChips4U: calls 125
                        franaloha: checks
                        *** FLOP *** [Qd 9d Jh]
                        HurtToSit said, "I know you like to narrate your life."
                        HurtToSit said, "as if its so important."
                        EasyChips4U: bets 505 and is all-in
                        franaloha: folds
                        HandPat: folds
                        SnapperJohn1: raises 285 to 790 and is all-in
                        HurtToSit: calls 790
                        myoho01 said, "evenually more important than yours"
                        Chinook146 said, "look at your stats then instead of the chat"
                        *** TURN *** [Qd 9d Jh] [4c]
                        *** RIVER *** [Qd 9d Jh 4c] [Ks]
                        *** SHOW DOWN ***
                        SnapperJohn1: shows [Th Kh] (a straight, Nine to King)
                        HurtToSit: shows [Td Jd] (a straight, Nine to King)
                        SnapperJohn1 collected 285 from side pot
                        HurtToSit collected 285 from side pot
                        EasyChips4U: shows [9h 9s] (three of a kind, Nines)
                        SnapperJohn1 collected 1483 from main pot
                        HurtToSit collected 1482 from main pot
                        EasyChips4U finished the tournament in 575th place
                        *** SUMMARY ***
                        Total pot 3535 Main pot 2965. Side pot 570. | Rake 0
                        Board [Qd 9d Jh 4c Ks]
                        Seat 2: Pokito53 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                        Seat 3: EasyChips4U (small blind) showed [9h 9s] and lost with three of a kind, Nines
                        Seat 4: franaloha (big blind) folded on the Flop
                        Seat 5: Chinook146 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                        Seat 6: HandPat folded on the Flop
                        Seat 7: SnapperJohn1 showed [Th Kh] and won (1768) with a straight, Nine to King
                        Seat 8: HurtToSit showed [Td Jd] and won (1767) with a straight, Nine to King
                        Seat 9: myoho01 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

OK... I'm short stacked once again (so what else is new?), and I limp from SB wid 9h9s. The Flop gives me my set... but i'm up against possible flush draw as well as st8 draw (if the st8 isn't already made). My thought process is... I'm looking 2 boat. Pot is $1450... I have $505 left (just over 1/3 Pot), and 1st to act. My outs r 7 (9c,Qs,Qh,Qc,Js,Jh,Jc), or, 28% to hit Turn or River (just under 1/3). If I dun pair on Turn, my outs increase by 3, or 20% to hit on River (1/5). Pot odds approximately 3:1... but... Implied odds r @ least 5:1... as it is multi player (4 others)... and I expect no less than 2 callers after my shove... Pot odds would dictate this. And then the subsequent result. Comments?
                        5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i thought i was posting table play... any advice?
                          5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by cpt.quiver View Post
                            don't see a button to post a new thread,only reply to other threads....am i missing something??or should i just paste my hand here?if so,here it is....wondering if i should've gotten away,or what?
                            Welcome to the forum Cpt.! umbup: In order to start a thread, you need to choose the correct forum and go to it. You can either choose a forum from the forum home page, or in the gray tab.."Go To" and the drop menu will list all the forums. Then once you're there, up top in the gray line, you will see a tab for "New Topic." Hit that and you're good to go. Hope you're enjoying everything. If you have any questions..this group is more than helpful. I'll send you a pm this week. Take care and best o' luck!
                            Last edited by !!!111Dan; Wed Mar 16, 2011, 06:00 AM. Reason: stopped writing half way through. :P

Comment

Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
                              Welcome to the forum Cpt.! umbup: In order to start a thread, you need to choose the correct forum and go to it. You can either choose a forum from the forum home page, or in the gray tab.."Go To" and the drop menu will list all the forums. Then once you're there, up top in the gray line, you will see a tab for "New Topic." Hit that and you're good to go. Hope you're enjoying everything. If you have any questions..this group is more than helpful. I'll send you a pm this week. Take care and best o' luck!
                              got it,thx....About the hand?should I have gotten away?

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.