PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this standard 3 handed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this standard 3 handed?

*** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to deezer_dee [Ah 4h]
    Vyper0: raises 300 to 500
    v1etr1der: folds
    deezer_dee: calls 300
    *** FLOP *** [Ad 2c 9d]
    deezer_dee: checks
    Vyper0: bets 550
    deezer_dee: raises 2765 to 3315 and is all-in
    Vyper0: calls 2765
    *** TURN *** [Ad 2c 9d] [Kh]
    *** RIVER *** [Ad 2c 9d Kh] [8c]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    deezer_dee: shows [Ah 4h] (a pair of Aces)
    Vyper0: shows [As Jc] (a pair of Aces - King+Jack kicker)
    Vyper0 collected 7730 from pot
    deezer_dee finished the tournament in 3rd place and received $9.00.

three-handed and i make top pair but am thinking twice about the shove. tbh i don't think i would of gotten away from this one if i called all the way down. was the check-shove a bad move?

no problem with the check/shove. Three handed with top pair, being aces, you gotta assume you're ahead.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by deezer_dee View Post
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to deezer_dee [Ah 4h]
      Vyper0: raises 300 to 500
      v1etr1der: folds
      deezer_dee: calls 300
      *** FLOP *** [Ad 2c 9d]
      deezer_dee: checks
      Vyper0: bets 550
      deezer_dee: raises 2765 to 3315 and is all-in
      Vyper0: calls 2765
      *** TURN *** [Ad 2c 9d] [Kh]
      *** RIVER *** [Ad 2c 9d Kh] [8c]
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      deezer_dee: shows [Ah 4h] (a pair of Aces)
      Vyper0: shows [As Jc] (a pair of Aces - King+Jack kicker)
      Vyper0 collected 7730 from pot
      deezer_dee finished the tournament in 3rd place and received $9.00.

three-handed and i make top pair but am thinking twice about the shove. tbh i don't think i would of gotten away from this one if i called all the way down. was the check-shove a bad move?
      Rough spot really.

Cannot "blame" you for calling into the pot at the 100/200 level with any suited Ace 3 handed.

Cannot really blame you for calling (had you called him) after you hit your ace.

Cannot really blame you for shoving after hitting the ace either...

Would REALLY help to have info on the Villain's stack size though.

Can he call your shove with LESS than your holding? He'd need a pretty big stack to do so.

Fact is, I think you are lacking all the info here to really make it pretty clear this shove by you was "necessary".

No matter what, you are semi-short with aobut 18 BB, and you did hit about what you can "expect" from calling a raise with a rag Ace. So whether or not this shove was "good" purely devolves into a question of "reads", and stack sizes.

No matter what, there are WORSE things you could do.
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

we had similar stack sizes. was left with about two big blinds after the hand. dude had been continuation betting me several times during the game so when i hit the ace, i checked to let him bet at it - my read was that he was doing that again and wouldn't call the shove. guess i could chalk it up to bad timing....3 handed, i don't think i was going to get away from this one.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.