PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I Over Do Things?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I Over Do Things?

I opened with pocket deuces (why not?). I got way more callers than I expected, and three cards to a flush hit the board (yay ).

I called the probe bet, with the intention of betting to scare away flush draws if the turn didn't bring a spade that didn't pair the board. I got a favourable turn, so I repotted (more or less). I figured that since most players around the .25 parts probably don't quite know when they're priced out of a flush draw, I'd smash the pot to death to get my point across. If I got reraised, I'd have folded.

I just want to know if you guys would have handled this any other way. If I did something obscenely wrong, by all means, point it out. I'm looking for other perspectives and creative ways to address this situation. Help me out!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Panicky (UTG+1) (t9430)
    MP1 (t10853)
    MP2 (t12014)
    MP3 (t3075)
    CO (t6625)
    Button (t5047)
    SB (t6685)
    BB (t9919)
    UTG (t5841)

Panicky's M: 31.43

Preflop: Panicky is UTG+1 with 2, 2
    1 fold, Panicky bets t415, 1 fold, MP2 calls t415, 3 folds, SB calls t315, BB calls t215

Flop: (t1660) J, 2, K (4 players)
    SB checks, BB bets t200, Panicky calls t200, 2 folds

Turn: (t2060) 8 (2 players)
    BB bets t400, Panicky raises to t2860, 1 fold

Total pot: t2860

Raise size is to low pre.

1) You need to protect your hand.

4) You want value out of your hand.

There are more draw combo's then flushes

Raise on the flop don't wait for the turn.

discobisco:

a little bigger wouldn't hurt since your in EP. as for the flop id just raise, cuz i always read 200 as weakness and/or a draw of some sort. as for the other guy, hes just prob making some really small blocking bets with a J or just a random spade in his hand.

I told you dumb azz

Look at HALF a picture, and you can say what ever the heck you want...

moron's abound everywhere.
    Last edited by JDean; Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:50 PM.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

for someone who always makes little brags about having a coach, you sure havent done much.....but you can sure flame with the best of them

Comment

Another donkey with a PTR of 1 who hasn't done shit. I've done more and know more then both you donks put together. AT -9.59 bb/100 you talk shit whit you friend thats -30 bb/100. lol What a joke
        Last edited by R1J1J; Mon Feb 14, 2011, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.