PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing UTG with Gareth - Today at 15:00 ET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing UTG with Gareth - Today at 15:00 ET

How do you handle a three-bet when you are under the gun? Should you always pretend to have a strong hand after you raise from first position? Learn about this and more of the ins and outs of under the gun in this replayer session.

Attendees of this class will receive a School Pass Ticket as part of the WCOOP Promotion at PokerSchoolOnline!

Today at 15:00 ET (8pm UK Time)

Bracelet Winner

Hoping to get some help from somebody here....

I've signed up and am at the session - at least I THINK that I am in the session. I can hear the trainer, and can hear a lot of background noise, but can't SEE anything! The poker table is empty, and there is NOTHING in the chatbox or in the left-hand margin of the page....

What am I doing wrong - please advise if there is anything I can do to actually SEE this session.

It also appears that nobody is getting MY messages that I am trying to type into the chatbox.

This su-u-ucks!!! Please help

Thanks in advance,

KYA

Comment

Dies being on an iPad stop me from participating?

Comment

Kickn,

Try using a different browser (preferably firefox or chrome), make sure your flash player is updated and make sure the screen is not zoomed.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello all, we aplogise for the very poor sound quality of tonight's live training session. Unfortunately the trainer had no choice but to stream from a public place and hence the noise level during the stream. Please be assured that this is a once-off and regular live training sessions usually have very clear audio. If this was your 1st time attending a live training session at PokerSchoolOnline we hope that this experience will not put you off attending future sessions here at the school. If you have further complaints about tonights session please send them to support@pokerschoolonline.com Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks John. Was able to get in and out through refreshing. Managed to see most of the material since about the 15min mark.

This WAS my first live training session Paul; and despite the trouble, I enjoyed it. In fact it was better than I had presumed such sessions could be. I will try to make it to more.

Cheers

KYA

Comment

my friend is still having trouble getting into live training

she talks about all the names being up one side...left i think she was steaming so didnt dare ask lol!!

Also she has no chatboox.....well eventully she does have 1...I dont understand this but someone else typed about a similar problem.........gtwi or forrest or well im not sure

Will try to get her to upload a pic......she has windows 8 on a brand new computer and a fairly fast internet connection i think

Comment

Hi rolo!

The reason we've found for no chat box is due to having the screen zoomed.. you cannot zoom the screen or it will cover the chat box.

John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

@rolo, she just needs to refresh her browser. I get that view upon entering the classroom every once in a while, a single refresh clears it up. The browser being zoomed is not her problem, that's only an issue with live streamed sessions, which Gareth's was not. umbup:
                  Head Live Trainer
                  Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hi ty her Mother recently passed away so I have been tryin to help her on he rbehalf

ty u2.....I kinda worked out form my own problems that ou 2 kindly sorted out with me patiently that ..well i told her if it was new tool dont use IE and if old tool do use IE and she definitley said fo rthat session she wa susing IE

Yes Dave it was Gareths session..I think she made it in for last 15 minutes..well she was there at beginning she advised me but couldnt chat

That was 1 busy cafe hhaaa they ddnt sound English at my end thought he was in Far East

Comment

Originally posted by rolo834 View Post
                      Yes Dave it was Gareths session..I think she made it in for last 15 minutes..well she was there at beginning she advised me but couldnt chat

That was 1 busy cafe hhaaa they ddnt sound English at my end thought he was in Far East
                      The class exceeded the maximum participant slots of 300, so there were a number who would have been entered in viewer only mode, that could have happened in her case too.

He was in New York City, they're not exactly speaking the Queen's English.
                      Head Live Trainer
                      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                        He was in New York City, they're not exactly speaking the Queen's English.
                        It sounded like it might have been Queen's English

Comment

ohh good thinking Dave (nothing get spast you) regarding the 300 max participants cant spell it very late

was just 1 lud woman after i got my head to blocjk her out only missed once what Gareth was sayin

I remember once you could hear them washing up pots and pans in the back ground lol

Im a Northerner but I do speak queens English although the posh Southerners would disagree

iwill advise her ty everyone

Comment

I missed this class seen as you had sound issues do you think there is any chance of you doing this class again Gareth, i really wanted to watch this one.

Comment

Hey Mike, I was in class and was able to record it - forgot to 4x the comments until halfway in, and for some reason when the comments are 4x the quality of the recording turns out much better, so the first half of class is a little fuzzy, but the second half's really clear, although the volume may need to be made a bit louder?

Would it be okay for me to post the youtube clips here, in case anyone who was in class wants to double-check anything? I can remove them if it's not okay.

First Half of Class

Second Half of Class

Whole Class (may be available after 2pm)

PS. Was trying to join the two clips into one vid with the volume turned up, but my first try got screwed up, so I've got a second attempt going now ... if it works out, it'll show here in an hour or so

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.