PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to All

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to All

Just a quick thanks to all that watched my 4.40 training session. Appriciate all the feedback, i was sat watching it thinking why an earth are you playing that most of the time lol. Apparently A9o is my favourite hand, who knew

A9 lover!

Hi Chris. It was a really interesting session. Ideal kind of play to look at and hear Dave's views on. Don't take this the wrong way, but if the play was perfect then there would be much less discussion and much less opportunity to learn from the whole process.

A9o did become a bit of a theme! But that was ideal as we got to see a marginal hand played in different spots and how it can be great in spots where it's much less about the cards than pot sizes etc. I'm guessing you might not be opening in mid position with it so much in the future?! Personally I hardly ever play it, AT being as low as I'll open with in most spots with average chips and only then in late pos and v carefully, so the squeeze you made with A9 that Dave liked was really interesting. Maybe I need to loosen up a bit in those kind of situations, that was baller!!

The other stand out hands I enjoyed Dave's feedback on were the Kx against the guy in the BB with QT, did you have any kind of read on him of were you just hoping your C bet would get the job done? I know that feeling of C betting with bated breath!! Have stopped C betting nearly so much recently and it makes my play much less expensive and I find I've been going deeper because of it.

And the A6s hand right at the end was really interesting too. So good to hear what Dave had to say in the sense that he prob would have folded pre but then hear his feedback on what he would have done if he was in the hand knowing that he prob shouldn't be. Glad it worked out for you in the end though and you got great value out of a sticky situation. Were you nervous that you might not have the best hand?

Really useful stuff. How does it feel being analysed?! Am looking forward to next installment. Do you ultimately take the tourni down with A9o?!
    Last edited by CptKevUK; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.