PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video review/training badugi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video review/training badugi

Hey all. Just wondering if any of our live trainers ever play Badugi, its the only game i really enjoy right now and its more a strategy and thinking game than NLHE, so if any1 plays it or we can have some video reviews or live training this will be appreciated greatly :-)

Tnx Paul

Originally posted by LegendHunter View Post
    Hey all. Just wondering if any of our live trainers ever play Badugi, its the only game i really enjoy right now and its more a strategy and thinking game than NLHE, so if any1 plays it or we can have some video reviews or live training this will be appreciated greatly :-)

Tnx Paul
    I don't think the training tool supports all formats of poker - so I am not sure they could do live training on badugi.

I've only played it in the freerolls and I enjoy it but am pretty clueless unless I get dealt the nut badugi straight off - it is a weird game. I would like to see some training on different games, but so far we only have sessions on Hold Em and Omaha - Stud would presumably be the next most popular so I suspect badugi is way down the list.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hmmmmm sounds right i guess the mixed games aint as popular as omaha and NLHE. Hopefully
      1 day they will get around to making training videos on other games but tnx for the Heads up anyway Ed

Comment

Hi Legend,

We won't be doing any Badugi training in the near future, because A) the training tool doesn't support draw games yet, B) it's not very popular yet, and C) We don't have any trainers that play it regularly.

I've played it some, and find it to be a fun game, but certainly don't consider myself an expert and don't have much volume with it. I've played and delved into it enough though to disagree completely with your statement comparing it to NLHE... deep stacked NLHE is significantly more of a strategy and thinking game than Badugi, and it's not even close imo.

Dave
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

OK Dave, well ty anyway for quick responce.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.