PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VPP Restrictions on Live Classes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPP Restrictions on Live Classes

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce a change to the restrictions for attending live training for all PSO members. Effective immediately, we are changing the viewer restriction to 0+ VPP for all classes.

What this means is, everyone can attend a live training session as a viewer, regardless of how many VPP's they've earned.

In other words, let's say a member has 0 VPPs... if they go to the registration page for a class that has a 20+ or 150+ restriction on it, they still will not be able to join this class as a participant as the restriction applies to participants, however as of now they WILL be able to join as a viewer and enter the live classroom.

The only difference between participants and viewers, is that participants can type in the chat box, while viewers can not. Viewers can still see and hear everything.

We hope this change will be welcomed by members below the 150 vpp level as an opportunity to see some of these restricted classes while working on advancing their game.

If you have any questions please ask here.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Thank you very much for it very appreciate umbup:

Comment

A very positive move.

Well done PSO - getting back to catering for all those that really want to learn rather than just those who can afford to. Has to be good for PSO and PS in the long run. The home of future poker stars after all.

Good luck all - get in for some great quality training.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Dave,

A good move by PSO and where we would like to see them gone completely a nice compromise.

So does this mean that the restrictions in the video archives will be removed as well?

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
          Hi Dave,

A good move by PSO and where we would like to see them gone completely a nice compromise.

So does this mean that the restrictions in the video archives will be removed as well?

Grade b
          Good question Grade b!

- (Now I'm not saying PSO are not very good at joining up the dots and I am sure they have already thought of this - but as they have not specified, it is well worth asking.)

It would seem odd to be able to view live but NOT recorded. (I cannot watch live Uk broadcast TV as I don't have a UK TV licence but I can watch on BBCiplayer/4OD/ITVPlayer etc. after broadcast.)

Good luck and good training all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Dave thanks so much for that I really enjoy the live lessons, will this also mean we can watch the videos at the higher level too ?
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think that's a pretty descent compromise to removing restrictions altogether for LT.umbup: now at least vppless members can at least attend and soak it in. and hopefully participants can just as a plethora of questions not just for participants but viewers alike, knowing they cant ask. i'd be willing, though i type super slow good move in the right direction PSO. may the tinfoil protect you MT
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Originally posted by chillipops View Post
                Hi Dave thanks so much for that I really enjoy the live lessons, will this also mean we can watch the videos at the higher level too ?
                this makes perfect sense, since you cant ask questions of a video eitherumbup:
                May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

A very welcome change. umbup: Live Training is such a valuable resource. You may count me among its satisfied "viewers." Thank you PSO.
                  3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

As an American, I didn't even bother with the scheduled classes since the VPP restrictions applied. At least now I have the option to attend.

Comment

A very positive move, and sure to be welcomed by a lot of PSOer's. umbup:umbup:umbup:
                      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
                        As an American, I didn't even bother with the scheduled classes since the VPP restrictions applied. At least now I have the option to attend.
                        Only about half the classes had a VPP restriction, and those were lifted for US members, so you've been missing out unnecessarily if you wished to attend.

Now there will be an avenue for ALL members, regardless of VPP status, to attend a live session.

Dave
                        Head Live Trainer
                        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by chillipops View Post
                          will this also mean we can watch the videos at the higher level too ?

This is being discussed... and you're right, viewers can't chat in the classroom, and video watchers can't chat on a video. I'm not sure this will change though, because they do want there to be an incentive to attend the live classes (and so do I tbh ). And it would require an overhaul of the video articles on the back end to change those. So my best guess at this time is no, but we'll have to wait and see. If it does change we'll announce that here.

Thanks,
                          Dave
                          Head Live Trainer
                          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

VPPs A really good and thoughtful compromise that will allow all PSO players to view the live trainings.umbup:
                            Bracelet Winner

Comment

So let's use "PSO logic" as I believe it to have been stated in the past. Specifically, the more VPP's you have, the more experienced you are and the more likely you will be to benefit from the "high end" material. I'm pretty sure it was also claimed that allowing players from the lower end of the VPP scale to view this material would introduce them to concepts that may confuse them and possibly harm rather than help their game.

If this is true, are they not the people that would have the greatest need to ask questions ?

Comment

Working...
                              X