PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChewMe1 Training: Feedback, FAQ, and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChewMe1 Training: Feedback, FAQ, and Discussion Thread

Hi guys and girls. This thread is dedicated for YOU to share your thoughts and express your opinions of my sessions.

Your feedback is very important to me so dont be shy, say hi!

Hey ChewMe1

There was plenty of good stuff in your 1st 4/180 session - thanks!

I would love to see more from the 4/180s, especially how you approach the second hour of the tourneys with an M in the 6-10 range.

Thanks!

Roland GTX

Comment

Any idea when these will be up to view. Been told good things about them cant wait to watch them.

Comment

The backlog of videos is pretty big from the change over, but the publishing continues now. They are for the most part being published in chronological order so it will be a bit yet before Chris's get into the archive, but you can follow along the timeline as newly published videos all have the original air date in the title now, and I believe we are going to able to do 2 a day for a while which should help get things caught up. Slowly but surely we are getting there.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers dave.umbup:

Comment

Hi chris i would also like to see later stages of the tournies. unfortunatly im only able to attend the thursday sessions..i trie to stay awake for the later ones but it just doesnt happen so to accomodate everyone (give us a finger and we take ur hand lol) could u do two sessions about the later stages?? i really like ur sessions thoughumbup:

Comment

AAARG!! is there any way to boost the size of participants??? it sais its full

lucky me!! someone dropped out!! but still isnt 20 participants a little low?
              Last edited by ravenqueen76; Thu Feb 16, 2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Hi folks! Thankyou for the feedback !

Firstly I would like to apologise for my absence in today's live training session. I had severe technical difficulties which prevented from logging into the software needed to make the live training available.

Im very aware that a lot of you guys are keen to see some mid / late stages of 180 man play. I am very eager to give you guys what you want so I will be focusing a lot more of my training sessions based on the 180 mans.

It is difficult for me to have a training session focused on the mid / late stages as I have to register for the games a few hours prior to when the live session goes live as well as building a stack to make it to the later stages. With this in mind I think it's a good idea for me to dig out some hand historys of some 180 mans I either won or made the final table in and go through the hands one by one with you guys in a live training session. All the best, Chris,

Comment

Using HHs sounds good ChewMe1. It just means more time spent on interesting and relevant situations!

Roland GTX

PS: No worries about the glitch in yesterday's session. Although I would like a refund

Comment

Originally posted by ravenqueen76 View Post
                    AAARG!! is there any way to boost the size of participants??? it sais its full

lucky me!! someone dropped out!! but still isnt 20 participants a little low?
                    Hi ravenqueen,

This is the standard setting for new trainers. It's actually 30 total participant slots... 20 open up at the start of registration, then 10 more are added when the room opens at 15 minutes before session start. We limit this because it takes some time as a new trainer to get comfortable with playing, commentating, running the training tool, and managing the chat box/answering questions all at the same time. By limiting the number of "participants" (those who can type in the chat box) we hope to make the classroom more manageable during this learning process. I'll expand the number of participant slots after Chris has a few more sessions under his belt and is ready to manage a larger volume of chat box activity.

Please be aware that there are always ample "viewer" slots available so everyone who wishes to attend a live session can sit in. "Viewers" can see and hear everything, just not type in the chat box.

Regards,
                    Dave
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

TX Daveumbup: hadnt thought of that lol.. its probably a very good idea to limit the participants in the beginning, especcialy when its the regulars

Comment

hey guys,

is there anywhere we can see the videos of chris' training sessions? So far he is one of the best that i have followed and would love to see what i missed. I do also have some questions about MTT strategy and would love to know who i can ask and where i can post my question to get some good advise from the pros. Thanks guys

Comment

Hiya aga. Videos from Chris will be stored at the 'Video' link on the top of the page. They have been filmed but will take some time to archive. As soon as they're done, a new section will be created for Chris and the videos will be added.

The MTT Strategy forum is here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/Poker-Videos

You can post there, or alternatively you can ask Chris questions in his live sessions.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them or shoot me a PM.

Comment

I was just looking at the calendar and for me to watch or participate for tomorrows do I have to have 20VPP ?

As I do not have that many

Thanks Rolo

Comment

If you have 20 VPP from last month you still qualify.

Just to add that I am very impressed with Chris, great manner, and keep it very straight forward and easy to understand.

Cheers,

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.