PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A simple Site Function Suggesstion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple Site Function Suggesstion

Hey All,

I had a thought, not specifically regarding the Live training, but more regarding the video's section. Why isn't there a way look look up the video's we're looking for other than just clicking on the trainer name and seeing if they have covered the topic?

There should be some sort of search function that allows us to find the video's for the Game type/ Table size, and limits that we're looking for. For example, right now, I'm trying to educate myself in Full ring cash games as much as possible. Well, in order to find video's that a specific to that, it takes forever to go through each trainer, or guess trainer and see what's there.

There could also be a section for general game theory and strategy as well. You know like the global stuff that Langolier does all the time.

I don't supposed this would be a function that would be too difficult to implement, but it would be much more usefull for the members, and could possibly help drive traffic to the site (If the search functions were based on keywords, those keywords could then bring resaults from general searches in Google, Bing, Ect....)

Anyway, just a thought.

L8r,

That would be kind of nice. I mean, it's not urgent, because if I want to find something I just go to the "videos" section and open up four tabs, one for each trainer (not counting Horror since his stuff is on HU play) and I should be able to find what I'm looking for. But the archive will keep on growing and the easier it is to find relevant sessions the better. Thumbs up for this! ....

Comment

It's already there. Go to the Library tab. Above the list of articles is a search bar, click on "Advanced Search". Here you can break down your search by game type, videos only, etc. You may get a few "misses", if an article is tagged incorrectly or unclearly on the back end it might hit into a search it shouldn't, but for the most part this will help you focus on just what you want to see. umbup: Dave
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ahhh. And there it is. And I will start using it now.

Still one suggestion: Duplicate this search feature in the "Video" tab. Since, if other's are like me at all, that is the first place one goes to find things like....VIDEOS!

Thanks Dave.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.