PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy New Year Sunday Special!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year Sunday Special!

Happy New Year PSO! In the New Years Sunday Special we will be getting together and playing Home Games Style! There will be 2 home game tournaments being offered. One will be a play money buy in (our "US friendly" event), and one will be a $1.10 real money buy in. The real money buy in event will have a standard PokerStars top 15% pay structure, and PSO will be ADDING 3x $1.10 tickets to the prize pool for the top 3 finishers!

Dave "TheLangolier" will be playing along with you with his hole cards not displayed so you can all join in. I'll be featuring my tables while I'm still in, and both Final Tables, during this Sunday Home Game Special!

Here's how to join:

- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
    - Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
    - Enter my Club ID number: 549129
    - Enter my Invitation Code: Lango123
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

very cool,umbup: cheers
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

cool, sent my application for the game in just then

Comment

Dang it all,

i just reread this is this a one off on new years day only deal (while i'm at in laws getting bored stiff) if so at what time?

or a regular Sunday game?

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Grade b,

It's a one off as part of the regular Sunday Specials. I'll be doing something like this again but it's definitely not an every Sunday thing.

Dave
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I have just read about this under the main Live Training header button.

I am a real novice, and have a couple of questions (yes I did read it all, but don't quite understand it)

1. how does this training work? can you see our cards? do you stop the game and discuss the mistakes/good play?or just discuss as we go with the live chat as stated?

2. will it all be a little too advanced for me, if so, can you recommend a live training course. I like SNG 9
            +SNG MT
            + MTT ---all NOLIMIT HOLDEM

3. and is there a charge? I don't have many VPP, around 26. But can pay in dollars if thats ok?

many thanks, and apologies if I sound a bit daft!

Richard
            Last edited by WeaselBasher; Fri Dec 30, 2011, 07:12 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling

Comment

It's free, WeaselB, unless you want to enter the money-entry tourney (there are two, one play money and one real money; I'm playing in both). The cost of entry into the money-entry game is $1.10. If I understand correctly, we'll all be playing while Dave acts as the commentator, sort of like poker on TV. He'll also be playing one of the games at the same time. He tends to make the info pretty easy to understand, so it should be good for your game. He'll be using the Live Training software, which you can open on your browser when Live Training begins. You don't need to pay to participate in Live Training, and nobody will be seeing anyone else's hole cards. I'm sure Dave will explain the rest when he gets here. Hope to see you there! umbup:

Comment

Application on it's way

Comment

thanks again for explaining my queries again PP, you are a star!

Sounds fun, plus a good thing for me to do......it will be a little late UK time, but not too bad!!

It is great value for money!!!!!!!!! (the real money game, the play money- even better!!)

I'll see any of you subscribers there- say hullo!

Richard

Comment

Yes that's how it all works.

Now, there is a wrench in the works.

If you've tried to log into the PS client already today, you know there is a mandatory update that was rolled out this morning. The training tool will not work with the new update. The programmers of the training tool are very good at providing updates usually within 24-48 hours after a Stars client update rolls out. But given the timing, trainers (across all platforms) have been told that there is a chance the new training tool will be out Saturday, but most likely not until Jan 3rd.

What this means is, if the TT update doesn't come out until 1/3, I won't be able to display the pokerstars tables in the live training. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the Sunday Special. Not sure what's going to happen but I will report back here as soon as I know more tomorrow.

Dave
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

If we need it, one solution would be to require all participants of the training session to join the club so they can at least have the tables up. If everyone has that at least, then all we'd need is an audio medium, which the TT should still be able to provide.

Comment

Yes, the training tool will provide an audio medium for us, and if everyone joins the club they could rail the tables direct.

We'll see what happens, with a little luck we'll have the TT update tomorrow
                        Head Live Trainer
                        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Great news! They cracked the whip and got the new TT completed and rolled out. I just tested it and it seems to be working fine. See you all tomorrow. Happy Year Year! umbup: Dave
                          Head Live Trainer
                          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Count me in Dave, looking forward to it. Happy New Year! mileypoker:umbup:

Comment

Im off to celebrate the New Year...I have registered, so see you tomorrow, but I 'm not exactly sure what to do!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONEumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.