PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blind Play Series in January

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind Play Series in January

Hi all,

I often get questions about how to go about playing in the blinds, in terms of defending them vs. steal position raises, non-steal raises, and stealing/attacking them when we're opening in late position in micro stakes vs. a variety of fishy type opponents. To that end I've decided in January for my Thursday 6-max cash sessions I'm going to run a series on play in the blinds, covering both defending the blinds and attacking the blinds in micro-stakes 6 max cash.

If anyone has hands they would like to submit for this series that gave them trouble or was an interesting spot, please email them to me in .txt format (you can just save the hand(s) in notepad) and I will look to incorporate them into the series. All hands will be displayed anonymously during this series, so if you feel you botched a hand don't worry about your name being up there for this.

The requirements for the hands are simple:

-Hands must be from 6-max cash, either 2NL or 5NL
    -You must either be defending your blind vs. a raise or raises from any position (or you may have folded the hand but aren't sure if you should have defended or not). Your action from the blind (call, re-raise, or fold) are all ok to submit.
    -Or you must be attacking the blinds (open raising, first in, from the cut off, button, or SB position). Pure steals or value raises are fine.

You can email any such situations to me at Dave@mypokerschoolonline.com

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
    Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Sounds fun. Stealing at loose tables is a problem area for me, so this should be a fun series. umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.