PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

ok,
    i said i won't post again but,,

i tihink it would be great to have a popup feature for the live training.

i keep missing them for all sorts of reasons (busy elsewhere or whatever) after registering.

let them popup, please,

they are great, i hate missing them

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    17 Time Bracelet Winner

i think you need to get your priorities in order,live training is a great tool,learn to play poker,learn patients,strategies,bet siezing,bankroll mangement, and meet and chat with some realy talented teachers and players ,if you dont have the ability to get to training on time ,then your realy need more than a pop up

once you have regestered 15 minuets before the class begins you can then go in and open the class ,and then training begins automaticaly it doesnt need any more help

get rid of your distractions and make time for tainning only and you will do well,hopefully see you there

Comment

THEY GOT THIS NEW THING OUT CALLED A ALARM CLOCK

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Originally posted by PLaws62 View Post
        i think you need to get your priorities in order,live training is a great tool,learn to play poker,learn patients,strategies,bet siezing,bankroll mangement, and meet and chat with some realy talented teachers and players ,if you dont have the ability to get to training on time ,then your realy need more than a pop up

once you have regestered 15 minuets before the class begins you can then go in and open the class ,and then training begins automaticaly it doesnt need any more help

get rid of your distractions and make time for tainning only and you will do well,hopefully see you there
        errr, no!

a popup is all i need
        but thank you for your kind advice, unfortunately i don't have the time to sit around and wait for a session to start and i can't find the darn alarm clock.
        17 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

If you want a pop-up, why not use the Windows calendar feature?? You can have a reminder pop up before training, and you'll be good to go.

Hope this helps.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
            If you want a pop-up, why not use the Windows calendar feature?? You can have a reminder pop up before training, and you'll be good to go.

Hope this helps.
            Google calendar also has a pop-up and email reminder features you can activate.

The idea is a great one, but I think it might be a low priority for the programmers if it was added to the list, since there are many free resources (like those mentioned here) that already can be used to perform this function.

It is a great idea though, I'll submit it. If they do something like this what I'd personally like to see is a pop up that says "You are registered for Live Training xxxxxx that begins in 15 minutes. Click here to enter the classroom".
            Last edited by TheLangolier; Sat Nov 05, 2011, 07:32 PM.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I have missed live training sessions in the past as well,for me its not a hard thing to do.
              Since I tend to be a forgetful kind of guy and the military time combined with different time zone can confuse me at first glance

Comment

I like Daves suggestion

Comment

I agree that what Dave says would be very helpful, as often I would be engrossed in a game and forget to go back refresh the training browser and enter the session.

In the meantime, I often use the alarm feature on my mobile phone if I need to remember something like live training sessions. I also find it very useful for limited 15min registrations, as they have for PSO Open Skill League games. It is always to hand and I can simply reset it each time it goes off.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                  4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

alternatively,

if the programmers are busy elsewhere, maybe they could just increase the 'OPEN' - time from 15 mins to an hour or two, so, when lango's friendly voice starts we are all alerted.

it is difficult to just be on that page and have it refreshed during the exact 15 mins.
                    17 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.