PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On-line Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-line Training

I registered for an on-line training session. Screen stated I was registered as a "paricipant".
    The appointed time for the session came & went. I sat staring at the screen & ABSOLUTELY
    NOTHING HAPPENED.

What did I do wrong??

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011, 07:30 PM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

**moved**
      Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TRICKI View Post
        I registered for an on-line training session. Screen stated I was registered as a "paricipant".
        The appointed time for the session came & went. I sat staring at the screen & ABSOLUTELY
        NOTHING HAPPENED.

What did I do wrong??
        shame you had to miss your first but ,for your next you have to refresh as you get closer to the time,the page does not keep up with the present time,as you get close to the time after registration a new box will apear you have to click on the new link,the new screene may have nothing happening but you should be able to chat ,if you are in the langolier s trainging and happen to hear some polka dont panic ,he does have some better tunes ,you are now in live training .

Comment

Yeah, refresh the screen (or go back to the registration page if you've left) with 15 minutes or less to go until the class start time. When the room is open there'll be a new button present to enter it at that time, but you have to refresh the browser or it will never appear.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Incidently, the "open" button that appears 15 min prior to the start to enter the room with, will be there for the scheduled duration of the live training session. So if the class is on the schedule to last 1 hour, it may run a bit over sometimes (actual play sessions we target for 1 hour but sometimes they run a few over, my theory classes run from 1-1.5 hours typically) but the room can be entered any time during that scheduled 1 hour time slot (and up to 15 minutes prior to start). TO ALL: If you arrive to a training late, that's fine, you're welcome to join us but PLEASE do not come in to the room and immediately start asking what's going on and what did you miss. It's rude to the rest of the class to interrupt when you're late. Today in honu's Boot Camp class, someone came in late and asked what honu was playing. The class description if they'd bothered to read it on the registration page would have answered this question: "In today’s class 19honu62 will be playing in the $22 Mega Satellite to WCOOP Event #40." Also, if class is in progress when you first enter the room, you will not see the current slide displayed (if a theory class) or the current hand (if a play session) until a new slide is loaded or new action comes in the hand, so please don't enter and immediately say you can't see anything. Hang tight, you will. umbup: Thanks, Dave
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.