PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTT Play coaching 21.07.2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTT Play coaching 21.07.2011

Question for 19honu62

Can you please write down how to do the math to find out the average stack to be ITM?

TY

Quick generic answer:
    I = places paid
    F = field size
    C = total chips in play

Avg Stack at ITM = I / F * C

9 man Sng sample

I = 3
    F = 9
    C = 13500

3 / 9 * 13500 = 4500

Comment

kiroman thank you for the question and Joe for the answer. I calculate it somewhat different but each works.

starting chips x # of players / # of places paid or
      3000 times 1000 players divided by number of places paid 100

For instance 1000 players mtt starting with 3000 chips means 3 million chips in play. 100 get paid so in order to have an average stack at ITM ( in the money ) we need 30,000 chips.

Now keep in mind that you won't necessarily need to have 30k chippies to be ITM but it is a good goal to know where you should be in order to have chips to play with to make it to a final table.

Let's take it one step further as I discussed this in my session as well. In the same tourney we need 333,333 chips to have an average stack at the Final Table which is 3 million chips in play / 9 players at FT.

Gidee Up!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.