PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Note taking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note taking

Looked through the library but didnt see a notetaking video.
    Would like a session on that so I can improve in that field if that is possible.

Tourneys I use the blind lvl instead of 50/100,so its lvl7 and this cuts things down.
    mp= miid position
    CO = Button
    Hj= One before button
    EP= Early Postion
    UTG= Under the gun

So a not would look like this for me:

Mtt
    - mp lvl4 limped w QJos

Mid position blinds 25/50 limped in with Queen Jack offsuit.

I keep track of betsizing percentages,squeeze plays,floating,setmining,flush garbage chasers..etc.

But find once I get a bunch of notes on some one,its hard filtering through the garbage and condensing in for a quick look up.

Would be nice to see how you go through this process.

Thanks

Originally posted by Deleted user View Post
    Would like a session on that so I can improve in that field if that is possible.

Tourneys I use the blind lvl instead of 50/100,so its lvl7 and this cuts things down.
    mp= miid position
    CO = Button
    Hj= One before button
    EP= Early Postion
    UTG= Under the gun

Mtt
    - mp lvl4 limped w QJos

I keep track of betsizing percentages,squeeze plays,floating,setmining,flush garbage chasers..etc.

But find once I get a bunch of notes on some one,its hard filtering through the garbage and condensing in for a quick look up.

Thanks
    Mine notes look pretty similar to yours, and I keep track of the same things, trying to pick up on players' tendencies. Every little bit of information helps.

I also color code my notes based on where I encountered the player (mtt, sng, ring, pso).

The only difference is I use the blinds (25/50) instead of the level. Mainly because different tournaments have different structures, and different blind levels.

Comment

??

u all really need to get into the -- MZONE- and that all i gonna say-- gl be well-- monk......

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted user View Post

mp= miid position
        CO = Button
        Hj= One before button
        EP= Early Postion
        UTG= Under the gun

Mtt
        - mp lvl4 limped w QJos

Thanks
        CO should equal Cut Off
        B should equal Dealer or Button
        HJ is fine but wrong location

I have an elaborate system. Much more indepth then what Dave has taught in his class. However, the rule here is. If you can understand it, it works.

JT

Comment

Your note taking system can be as simple or in depth as you like, the keys for it are that you understand it when you see the note again a year from now, and that it conveys useful, actionable information. And that it's pracitcal to impliment and use (I had someone PM me once saying they were having trouble keeping up with the game while trying to take notes and they only play 1 table, so I asked them what kinds of things they were noting and the answer was "everything".... that's not practical nor useful).

The Note taking class will be run again, not sure when but it will be.

Dave
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ok,I thought I saw a class on that just couldnt find it in the library.I can wait till it hits that,no big deal as long as we got something on that topic.
            Thanks

Comment

hopefully it'll be soon because i'm switching computers in april and have decided to re-do all my notes i'm just not happy with the notes i have guess that happens when you make your notes as a newb and learn better later evil:
              Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

I started over as well..Its good to clean house every once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.