PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loose 2/4 live game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose 2/4 live game

Hi!
    I am currently playing 2-4 in a freshly started site, where the average player is much worse than what I have experienced on other sites. There are always at least two players in a full 10-game which are refusing to throw their pockets. You often see players win pots on unbelieveable pockets like 7/4 off and 6/3 off. In general there are a lot of steal-attempts and pure bluffs. However, there are also always at least one very decent player. I have been playing very tight and cautiously, and have slowly bulided my bankroll fram 25 to 200 in one week. I am however often confused on which cards to play in certain situation, should I for example throw low pocket-pairs in late positions? I often get the problem that the decent players spots me as a "safe-player", I can steal and raise them without making anything on flop, but I sometimes get slow-played. How is the best way to play at these tables? What should be the strategy? How much adjustment do I have to make to normal play, considering the opposition?

Hello, Lingster,

You'll have to keep track of the players that "notice' you are starting to play fast (lead betting with mediocre hands). If you get caught bluffing, you are a prime candidate for the slow play. :roll:

Been there, done that. I don't bluff often, but I will bet my hand when I think I've the best of it. Any aggressive player will be known for his betting proclivity. If it happens, you'll have to tighten up for a while. If you get scared and quit betting, you will not get full value when you have the best hands. :

The old saying "don't be scared of monsters under the bed." Bet for value when you have it. Take note of who plays back (you may have to push back now and again if you think they are carrying it to far, but have something pretty strong when you do). When they test you, you need to test them to keep them from running over you. 8)

Comment

Re: Loose 2/4 live game

Originally posted by Lingster
      Hi!
      I am currently playing 2-4 in a freshly started site, where the average player is much worse than what I have experienced on other sites. <snip> I am however often confused on which cards to play in certain situation, should I for example throw low pocket-pairs in late positions?
      If you're typically getting a lot of players, you can play any pocket pair in late position with the idea that you are either going to flop a set or get out if there is any appreciable action on the flop. When there are typically a large number of players seeing the flop, the "playing zone" is extended and -- as you pointed out -- any card that flops is almost as likely to help someone as any other. When that happens, your strategy is to win as much as you can with your good hands, get away from poor values, and avoid anything too fancy.

You can bet your good flush draws and good straight draws too on the flop, and check-call the flop planning to check-raise the turn if you flop a big, fairly safe hand.

Playing this way is methodical, disciplined, and fairly boring, but it should bring in the money.

Comment

Working...
      X