PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know Your Poker? - Question 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know Your Poker? - Question 10

This is the latest of a new series of poker questions for beginners that will be posted in the poker forum based on the courses & quizzes here at PokerSchoolOnline. Know Your Poker? Here's your chance to prove it! Simply reply with your answer to the question posted below. Good luck! PSO Prof _______________________ You are in the big blind. 5 Players in front of you call. Which of the following hands would be most favorable to hold and why?
    Tickets will be awarded to players who leave the best explnations of why they chose the answer they did.
    PSO Staff

87 a likely to be able to run off the table with a strong bet after flop, leaving opponents with one less ace out. Highest likelihood of catching a hand to bluff with.

Comment

K-10 Because if 5 opponents call some of them may have Ace (Maybe 4), so there is less chance that an Ace comes in Flop. It is the same for King, but if it comes, you have a Ten kicker and players with King normally go less than players with Ace. So at all more chance to get a pair with King then Ace and kicker someway valuable.

Comment

8-7 because you are suited and connected and have a good chance of hitting a straight or flush on the flop.
        Last edited by 808one; Thu Aug 03, 2017, 02:17 AM. Reason: forgot a word

Comment

I'd say 7 8 of spade as if everyone calls with the big cards, the one that are likely to fall in are the not to big one and the cards are suited and 78 is the best hand to defeat a pair of aces!

Comment

78s especially if we are deep stacked

A2o is too often easily dominated

KTo is okay but in a multiway pot , assuming we dont raise to thin the field, we need a hand that has good implied odds such as small pairs or Suited Connectors as we can hit flushes and straights with the 78s

Comment

8/7S because with 5 players ahead of you calling, there will likely be a couple of those 5 holding Ace something, reducing the outs on ace rag plus you're holding suited connectors giving outs for a flush or straight draw

Comment

8s7s because the other 2 hands are liable to be dominated and 8s7s can flop huge in a multiway pot, plus if you miss you can get away from the hand cheaply

Comment

87 because they are both did and connected

Comment

78 suited connectors, if everybody called I would have to think they have some variation of J,Q,K,A and some low number card. Most likely no big pairs or somebody would have raised I would say. If I hit a straight draw or Flush draw on the flop, or even preferably both, I would be in a pretty good position to either win the hand or a strong position if done correctly to bluff myself a win. But with that many players in the mix, treading lightly no matter what my hand is would be a smart play.

Comment

78s, because suited connectors play well against a strong starting hand if they connect to the board, whereas the other hands are easily dominated, so here I'd at least have a better chance to build a big pot if I get lucky and flop a straight or a flush - plus I also have the option to semi bluff, and stronger starting hands won't fold so easily.

Comment

78s,
                        Because my opponents can have kings and aces with the best kickers or kq hands, with such hands, they can often limp.

Comment

87s we are in position i believe with suited connecters , if we are shallow and short stacked you can make a case to fold or just rip it in over the top, if we are in anyway deep I'm 3 betting there is a lot of dead money in the pot to take advantage of and we are in position with a hand that can play well post flop if we are called, by raising also it means we represent strong hands if the the board comes high and we can more easier turn our hand into a believable bluff
                          Bracelet Winner

Comment

7s8s is the probably best hand in this case. Well, if there 5 opponents calling the hand, probably some of them has got a King or an Ace. This lead us to think that the chances to beat a king or an ace in the flop are lower. Besides, 2 is a very little kicker and 10 seems to be little too in this case, cause there are 5 opponents calling the hand (they may have KJ, KQ,KA). K10 are not suited, this is other reason. 7s8s are suited and connected, this is sufficient for calling and have a chance to straight or flush!

Comment

Answer is K 10. The problem came in when there are 5 players infront of me. A has a weak kicker with the 2. Any other person with an Ace probably has a higher kicker. The 7 8 are suited connecters but they only good against fewer players because they could be holding the other flush cards or what I would need for a straight so already the 7 8 has less chance of winning and it's low cards that are easily dominated by King or Ace. The King 10 is the better hand to hold. Although in pokerschool they teach us that Ace is the better card to hold. Also with the K 10 you could get a J Q A flop and then get a straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X