PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know Your Poker? - Question 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well lets see if I thought I was facing anything other than a large pair I am going to play 22 like it was AK pre flop therefore raise 3BB, decision after the flop or if reraised probably fold without trips and 1/2 pot bet with trips...

Comment

If the read on my opponents is that they are tight, I would raise hoping to take it down right there and unless I complete a set on the flop, I would then be folding to any bet. If the opponents are loose, I would definitely straddle hoping for a set on the flop, if no 2 on the flop and no raise from either opponent, I would raise approx 1/2 pot to try and take it down. If called by either opponent, I would shut down any more betting on the following streets and fold to any bet made.

Comment

i would fold.

it is a pair of two, easy to have a better pair and people did bet before so I would worry about it.

Comment

Well in this case I would call to see a cheap flop and try to flop a set. Preflop I would put my opponents on Ax or AK, AQ, AJ or a pair. If my 22 does not improve on the flop I would fold and take the small loss but if my 22 improves and hit a set I would slow play trap my opponent and get the rest of both their stacks to a potential triple up

Comment

Well I'm taking it for granted that this is all happening Pre-Flop since it isn't stated. But as much as I would like to go ahead and raise in this position. The standard Play for a Category 6 hand, in CO Position..... with all else being equal..... The standard Play would be to CALL, and continue collecting information on my opponents...........

Comment

we should never limp so depending on stack sizes and also reads on players to act behind folding has merit also a 5x raise or shove depending on stack size, it increases the pot if we hit our set and if we miss but the board comes aces or kings which should be higher than a limpers range we are in a good spot to represent these holdings though i would be inclined to fold on the flop to any bet and would **deleted inappropriate language JWK24** down if a flop bet got called on this board texture. the last thing and worst thing we can do is limp ourselves. so simply depending on players behind its option 1 a raise or if your likely to get a lot of aggression its an instant muck. never limp... is the lesson
              Last edited by JWK24; Mon Jul 17, 2017, 05:59 PM.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Meesup

3. Good Because 22. Can win. I'm ford

Comment

you call obviously

you call obviously , easy chance to hit a set

Comment

In my opinion the standard play in this situation is to call and see a cheap flop. If the Button, SB, BB position raise 4x the blind or less I might still see a flop to HIT the Monster SET. IF that set hits a decent amount in chips can be collected.

Comment

School Pass tickets to: @rolo834 @kiwi195 @chipgurlz @WaroftheGods @SunsetChasin Tickets will be credited on July 24th. Don't worry if you didn't win this time around, I'll be posting a new question soon so check back shortly for another chance to win!
                      PSO Staff

Comment

cheers!! ty ty

Comment

Call to see the flop but fold to any raise

Comment

Call and hope you see a 2 on the flop

Comment

Chokchai999

3 ford explorer pay for it but I have to do with the girls are going through my head

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.