PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuation Betting like a Pro in No Limit Hold’em Poker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuation Betting like a Pro in No Limit Hold’em Poker

Knowing when to c-bet and when to check instead is a hard skill to learn that involves an understanding of your own hand, how it connects with the flop and what your opponent is likely to be holding.

Here's a useful poker strategy article that will help you master the art of the c-bet.

What do you find most difficult about continuation betting? Discuss below.
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

the most serious is it because you can never know if the opponent is bluffing

Comment

i like to check raise but more times than often if they check they end up donk me out of the pot so if i got a hand i rather bet into than c raise unless i know i got the nuts but my fav game is spin&go gl to all but donkeys

Comment

hate bad calls and i go all in

Comment

if i got a hand i rather bet into than c raise unless i know i got the nuts but my fav game is spin&go

Comment

take youre time by continue betting.

Comment

if i got a hand i rather bet into than c raise unless i know i got the nuts but my fav game is spin&go gl to all

Comment

Sometimes with a low kicker u can screw up high time

Comment

most players who raise before the flop in the online game they have strong hands like AK AQ or AJ, the thing is that they Cbet after the flop even if they have nothing, i do that also, but sometimes it costs me a lot, and sometimes it works

Comment

I will join this. I hope to learn more

Comment

most difficult thing about c-bet/continuation betting is running into a dead end, not connecting with a hand at the river.

Comment

It's hard to make the good raise when you don t now the real skills of your opponent

Comment

Every time you check, you give your opponent a better chance of winning . Regardless if you have pocket rockets. I would only check against donks who raise like morons and allow them to give me all their chips. Haha

Comment

What more you wait you give a more chance to another player

Comment

lmao @ last 2 comments! gl out there!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.