PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another AK hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another AK hand

Sat all ten still in blinds at 50/100
    >>DEALING HOLE CARDS<<<
    57sauce dealt down As Kh
    p1 posts the small blind $50
    P2 posts the big blind $100
    P3 folds
    P4 1 folds
    P5 folds
    P6 calls $100
    57sauce raises $350 to $450
    P8 folds
    P9 raises $450 to $900 and is all-in
    PT folds
    p1 calls $850
    p2 folds
    P6 calls $800
    57sauce calls $450
    >>>DEALING FLOP<<< [ Qc Ac Js ]
    p1 checks
    P6 bets $2,225 and is all-in
    57sauce folds
    p1 folds
    P6 shows cards Ah Jh
    P9 shows cards 7s 7c
    >>>DEALING TURN<<< [ Ts ]
    >>>DEALING RIVER<<< [ 8c ]
    P6wins $2,225
    P6 wins $3,700
    P6 won with two pair, aces over jacks
    P9 finishes in 10th place

Was the original raise large enough? Should I have re-raised pre flop?

You got your money in when you had the best of it and you got out when you were drawing to 7 outs. I would have dumped AJ preflop to a raise and all-in re-raise. So you got a player to call when he/she was dominated. That's what you want. He/she just got lucky.

I don't think you are getting the AJ player out with a re-raise pre-flop*, so I think you played it just fine. Anyway, you want him/her in. And I'm sure you'll still have opportunities later in the sat to get his/her money.

Peace, Starrs LSOGC

*Stack sizes would help here. If you and AJ both had much larger stacks than the field and you have him covered, a re-raise preflop might have been called for. If you and he had over 3K and everyone else had less than 2k, then I don't see how he calls an all in from you. But otherwise, you played it fine.

Comment

Thank you,

All exept for player9 we had aprx even stacks between 2500-3000

--Matt--

Comment

I wouldve reraised all in with my AK, but it seems like the moron who called initally with AJs anyhow wasnt going anywhere...still, I love going all in with AK vs AJ every time, despite what may fall...

j.a.m.

Comment

Working...
        X