PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad day... How to get rid of weak players ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day... How to get rid of weak players ?

Today I have been eliminated of three freeroll tournaments on hands like this last one... Is there a way to deal with such opponents paying with almost nothing in hand ? This guy calls the raise with 7Q suited and goes all-in preflop with this hand. For me, this player is weak but he won... I played three tournaments today and I lost all these ones on similar hands... any advices ? Thanks ! Didier

I think that these type of players will always be around in freerolls. That's why they play them, they want to play a loose game and they don't really care if they get it in bad or not because they have nothing to lose. It's just the nature of freerolls unfortunately and we need to chalk it up as part of that game. Raiser umbup:

Comment

open-shove immediately in this one because a raise pot-commits me. If at 10BB or under, I need to be shoving or folding (exception being a league game or satty bubble).

By betting and not having enough chips behind, the opp actually gets correct odds against everyone's ranges (not exact hand, but entire range) to play the hand. To price them out, I'd need to have 2.5-3X the amount in the pot when it gets back to me... and I don't have this many chips.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yes, you are right... All-in was a better play... Thanks !

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.