PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sng hand. Advice On How to play please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sng hand. Advice On How to play please.

i read many books a d watch some videos and i do not get it one idea in one hand

when i am on SMALL BLIND (BLINDS FIRST OR SECOND LEVEL 10/20 OR 15/30 )

I HAD FULL STACK 1500 FOR SIT N GO

and my hand is something about K4 off two or tree players limp so i need to put 15 for pot of 135 many books and videos said thet i need to fold

i did not get it is it so dangerous spot thet my king is dominated or what

can somebody explain WHY ?
    please

The way I would think of it corona_sb is what flop would make you happy to bet for value? Any time a king hits there are 10 other combinations of King-X that beat yours, and AK, KQ, KJ and KT will be a big part of the ranges for anyone who has decided to enter the pot. The only time I would feel comfortable betting K4 on the flop was if a K and a 4 both came, and the chances of that are so rare that it isn't worth the investment usually.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi corona_sb!

Plastic Pearl is correct here. The problem is that we will be continuously outkicked so we either win a small pot or lose a big one. Hands with one big card and one little card are nothing but trouble and need to be mucked as they are way too weak to play.

The small blind is the worst position at the table, so I want to play the absolute least amount of hands from this position, compared to the others.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ty i had same dilema

Comment

the books and videos are absolutely correct

just FOLD

gl in your games, may the FOLD be with you

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.