PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Something I can never answer, Experts plz help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Something I can never answer, Experts plz help!!

OK so im kinda new to poker, But I do like to play a good game of Chess and have come to view NLHE as a similar kinda game. But there is 1 question I keep asking my-self in MTT's, And it always happens when you get that guy who for no reason at all Slow plays every hand, pre flop folds included!!! (OK I can see the sense in slow playing around the Bubble if your tight on Chips, But my question is apart from "Bubble time" (Said that in MC Hammer voice BTW ) When there are still a lot of tables, Is it better to get a quick table where it whips round, So you can see more hands and therefore improve your chances of hitting big, Or is slow OK, And what about when Ante's come in?
    Personally im of the theory that I wana see a lot of hands, But at the Anti stage I may try to lower the pace of a table. But there's always a nagging uneasiness about this in the back of my mind
    So what do your guys think?

When playing a standard MTT, I want to see as many as possible, as it maximizes my chances to get a premium hand.

If I'm extremely short at the bubble, I'll want to see less, but in general.. the more hands that I see, the better my potential is for finding a hand to pick up chips.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.