PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranging opponents at micro level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranging opponents at micro level

I am playing mostly the $0.55 and $0.27 games. The problem I am having is using what I have learned to make my game better. Can you realistically at this level get a range on your opponents? It seems that while their are players like me trying to use what we have learned and gain experience more than half play anything from 3-7 off suit up. how do you play these guys other than super tight till you get to the later stages. I feel (I KNOW) I am leaving out of pots I would win but cannot play because I cannot get any range and do not want to blow out because I finally hang in and call and the guy has a pair of aces. I know I am rambling but it is frustrating and I need some advice..THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INPUT

If someone is playing that loose, as a maniac... then I want to play much tighter and to not bluff. Bluffing will not work if the opp is unwilling to fold.

The other key is to value bet them to death when I get a made hand.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.