PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ties and Split Pots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ties and Split Pots

Hi, Is somewhere in PSO a video about ties and split pots or a good explanation? I am not sure if i understand this split thing correctly.

For example:
    Player 1: A3o
    Player 2: A9o
    Borad is TJK44 no flush, Is this a split? and why?

Player 1: KK
    Player 2: 27o
    Board is AAAAK I think this is a split but when the board is AAAAQ whether the player 1 wins then?

You need to work out who has the best 5-card hand, using one, both or none of your holecards.

With A3 and A9 on KJT44, the best hand that both players can make is 44AKJ (a pair of fours with three high cards). If someone else was in the pot with AQ, then they would win, as their 5-card hand would be 44AKQ, which is better than 44AKJ.

On a quadded board, whoever has a higher card than the kicker on the board will win. AAAAK beats AAAAQ.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

ok, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.