PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time entering the Sunday storm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time entering the Sunday storm

Hi all,

Like the title says this Sunday I have decided to take part in the Sunday storm, I've been wanting to play in this for awhile and now the time has come. Just wanting to get some advice really about how to approach this as this will be the biggest mtt I have entered any veterans of this event want to share some good tips. Should I take a standard ABC approach any advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by archi-grove View Post
    Hi all,

Like the title says this Sunday I have decided to take part in the Sunday storm, I've been wanting to play in this for awhile and now the time has come. Just wanting to get some advice really about how to approach this as this will be the biggest mtt I have entered any veterans of this event want to share some good tips. Should I take a standard ABC approach any advice would be appreciated.
    I played it last week for the first time too, it was lots of fun.

-ABC poker pretty much.
    -Don't assume that all the players are top-notch, its a big prize pool but its only a $10 buyin and easily plenty of fish that can afford that and plenty of satellites.
    -Don't be afraid of the bubble, in these games the bubble makes people quite stally and if you play your position right, you can chip-up a lot in steals
    -Don't spew chips, you will start with a nice stack but with short levels that will diminish quickly and playing too many speculative hands early on, especially out of position will hurt you
    -Face the fact that you will need to flip a lot, no matter how well you do early on. Just play smart, don't be afraid to pressure the blinds and when you are short.
    -Be aware of what fold equity you have over your left.
    -Don't be afraid to reshove against weak limping type players and typically those with bad stats

Overall, just be aggressive whenever possible and in positions where you feel your opponent will fold, use your bets to make that happen even if you don't have a hand.. there are plenty of timid players before you start seeing real money.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.