PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking right game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking right game

I Have been playing money games for about a month. I have played in a little of everything in the low buy in category. What I am asking for is opinions on where the best place to play is to 1)gain experience 2)have the best shot to at least break even. I have played a few of the 45 man $0.25 sit and gos and down O.K. but was wondering if someone has a different idea on how to build the BR and gain experience. My bankroll is only $41.00.I have won 3 seats in the weekly round 2 and would appreciate any input on what game to get into regarding this tournament. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP

hey bill,

I would continue doing what you are doing. Remember bankroll management, there is no easy way to move up you will have some downswings, if you try to jump ahead too quick you will just go broke.

I mean if you have the funds and want to take bigger shots then that is fine, but if you are looking for a magic game where you never lose there is none.

I would think with a 41 dollar bank roll some of the small mtts or sngs would be good for you, you can take some half buy in shots at 2nl if cash games are where you thrive.

Remember what Jwk and Dr. donkin and those guys have told you in previous posts, have a bankroll plan and you should be fine, if you try to jump ahead too fast you will probably have to redeposit.

I still don't know what games you prefer, I myself like 6 max cash games and that is really where I think I have the best results for my style of play.

I am probably too aggressive for regular mtts and probably too nitty for turbos, but cash games I seem to do well in.
    Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks

Thanks firemedic. I enjoyed the live training with dave the other day saw you there. They are a big help.thanks again appreciate any help

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.