PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice for play against MTT final table aggressor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for play against MTT final table aggressor

Hi people

looking for some advice. got to a final table and managed to raise my stack to be in the top 3 players but it wasn't a massively open table. stacks where pretty even throughout. the player in question plays a few all ins and after a few losses the player then goes to all in every move. normally i would sit back and wait but i watch 2 players call with better cards ie: AK os against his 73 os and he comes away with full house and make a huge stack 2/3x anyother player

how should i combat this?

thanks

Short handed you can play looser, an Ace or a King is gold compared to needing strong kickers or a two pair to go with it at a full ring.

There are some players that will be willing to min.raise all the way from UTG, especially when the table is tight because they know that a lot of people will fold more often than not. With antes, if you are stealing and getting folds 2/3 occasions then its a +EV move.

Also, if you are stealing, by definition you are in position so if you do call a small re-raise of your steal, sometimes it can pay off if you hit and if not, you can always C-bet.

There is no reason to play overly tight at the final table. Dont get reckless but feel free to steal regularly, play sub-par hands to risk a cheap preflop to hit a lovely flop

If your table is really loose though, tighten up so when they attack you, attack back with a dominating hand

Comment

Cheers for the tips. I have to say since going through the advice in the PSO i have seen my tourny play improve which is great but always great to get first hand opinions too.

thanks

Comment

I'd recommend you go to any PSO live training sessions that focus on tourneys. There's even some in the archives that deal exclusively with final table play and managing a short-stack. Correct play on the FT is heavily based on stack sizes, so learning push/fold ranges is of paramount importance.
        See http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/lib...ch=final+table
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.