PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two pair highest card decisive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two pair highest card decisive

Hello,

I have been going through the lessons for the beginners and stumbled upon a statement that if two players have two pair than the highest card is decisive. So suppose as in lesson you have two pair, aces and threes and the other player has two pair, kings and queens, then the former wins for the sole reason that his highest card is higher than his opponent's, so in such a case the second pair i.e. the double threes and double queens is completely ignored?

Originally posted by V.Nazariy View Post
    Hello,

I have been going through the lessons for the beginners and stumbled upon a statement that if two players have two pair than the highest card is decisive. So suppose as in lesson you have two pair, aces and threes and the other player has two pair, kings and queens, then the former wins for the sole reason that his highest card is higher than his opponent's, so in such a case the second pair i.e. the double threes and double queens is completely ignored?
    in the example that you gave Aces and threes vs Kings and Queens. The Aces and Threes would win because AA is higher than KK. If you both had the same top pair in your two pair hands for example if you held Aces and fives and your opponent held aces and twos you would win because your fives are higher than his twos.

I haven't read the statement but I am guessing this is the scenario they are talking about. Lets say neither of you paired your hole cards and the board was 66772 and you held and Ace in your hand and your opponent held a King in his hand you would win because you would have the best 5 card hand with 6677A and your opponent would have 6677K.

Here is a link for hand rankings http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/game...hand-rankings/
    Last edited by FireMedic815; Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:48 AM.
    Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.