PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

510 Suited Lost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 510 Suited Lost?

Anyone can explain This?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=AA3ACDD826

PokerStars Hand #113445097736: Tournament #880678931, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2014/03/18 10:42:02 CUST [2014/03/17 22:42:02 ET]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    MasternivraM: shows [5d Td] (a pair of Kings)
    CekcBJIecy: shows [Qc Ah] (two pair, Aces and Kings)
    andrey4253: shows [9c 9h] (two pair, Kings and Nines)
    tit@n18: shows [5c 4h] (two pair, Kings and Fours)
    CekcBJIecy collected 6040 from pot
    MasternivraM finished the tournament in 5771st place
    andrey4253 finished the tournament in 5771st place
    tit@n18 finished the tournament in 5771st place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 6040 | Rake 0
    Board [Kc 4d As 7h Kh]
    Seat 1: desire300 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: MasternivraM (small blind) showed [5d Td] and lost with a pair of Kings
    Seat 3: Pashket1 (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: tuffduff506 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: khas789 folded before Flop
    Seat 6: CekcBJIecy showed [Qc Ah] and won (6040) with two pair, Aces and Kings
    Seat 7: andrey4253 showed [9c 9h] and lost with two pair, Kings and Nines
    Seat 8: SergeyMunaev folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: tit@n18 showed [5c 4h] and lost with two pair, Kings and Fours

** moved to Poker Education & Beginners Questions **
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Which part do you need explaining?
      You made a terrible call with ten high, and didn't improve, whilst someone else hit an ace. :/
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

What games are you playing?

Comment

Think it might be play money.

Either that or the PSO Open 'Skill' League or a Hubble Freeroll.

Comment

please tell us your thoughts about the hand

Comment

yes gotta track back it again..many thanks...

Comment

yes its a big mistake but i learned some..better be tight next...thanks...

Comment

tourney...

Comment

yeah ur ryt bro...

Comment

im doin some experimental there. Trial and error.. lol..

Comment

im not sure what your experiment could be other than how many time you can win with bad hands, either way not sure what you needed help with its pretty clean cut you didnt hit the a you lost lol

Comment

[QUOTE=MasternivraM;499117]Anyone can explain This?

I see its a free roll and it looks like you are either new to playing poker or maybe you got frustrated because of all the all ins that the free roll players make.

In these multi all ins you really should only be calling off with the very top of your range QQ+ AK or something like that, other than that just wait all the crazy all in players out by folding. I know it can be frustrating to play in free rolls at times but I really believe that is the best strategy for the free rolls.

Now if you know a player is shoving all in a lot and you have him heads up you can widen your range considerably to maybe 99+ AJs+ AQo+ and KQs or something in that range.
                          Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I have personally folded AA when it is a multi pot like that, sure you are in a +EV position overall but your chances of a high pair paying off in that spot even AA KK is the strongest out of all the players individually but since you are playing against them collectively, their smaller odds get compounded and leave you at a flip from an odds point of view but in reality, it is so hard to hold up

Don't worry about knocking other people out, plenty of others can do that and eventually those maniac players will bust or move into a new table

I personally prefer to avoid 1:1 face offs early on without QQ-AA early on since everyone is about level in chips and why do I want to be flipping to double up when I can instead pick better spots to flip vs smaller stacks and reduce my risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ouch

I do not wish to upset you but that was an horrific call. 10 5 s is not going to win anything seeing a cheap flop , never mind an all in. There is a wealth of information on hand strength and tournament strategy. I suggest you seek it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.