PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any point raising with anything but the nuts in micro stakes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any point raising with anything but the nuts in micro stakes?

I find situations like this all too common. Only a handful of hands on villain but he was 40 VPiP and 6% PFR. He KO'd me a few hands later with QJo vs my A3o. I find players like this limp far too much but they never fold. I hit the flop 1 time in 3 but any flop hits 100% of their range. They shove with Ax, bottom pair even a gutshot. Should I tighten my range and fold. I don't think limping is good with our stack, I'd rather take the hand down pre flop so should I bet harder? Frustrated
    Bracelet Winner

Hey Oval!

You'll run into this type of player all the time. The way that I deal with them is to raise preflop and then when I do hit the flop, value bet them to death. When I hit the flop, they'll pay you off.
    If they bomb the flop and I miss, I have no option but to fold. I'll lose the smaller pots, but when I hit the flop, they'll normally double me, so I'll come out ahead in the long run.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks John, guess this is a frustration post more than a cry for help. It does my head in knowing the wide range they play, it could well have been a bluff but could be anything from a gutshot to an over pair. Don't think a set is there but you never know with these villains
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

You can't bluff a calling station. Instead take John's advice and value bet them to the felt when the opportunity presents itself.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.