PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pokerstars River.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokerstars River.

I can't be the only one that has seen some insane rivers on pokerstars over the years. It seems like an incredible rate of hands are killed by the river card, so much so i've come to just accept that i'm going to end up getting busted on the river! D:

Dealt to Parkyboy94 [Ad Qd]
    181anna: folds
    aspatyh72: folds
    BODY 100: raises 1500 to 1800
    MeRunSoHot: folds
    Parkyboy94: raises 3580 to 5380 and is all-in
    raph1014: folds
    saddam74921: folds
    alex.stone44: folds
    BODY 100: calls 3580
    *** FLOP *** [Kc Js 4s]
    *** TURN *** [Kc Js 4s] [Th]
    *** RIVER *** [Kc Js 4s Th] [Ks]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    BODY 100: shows [4c 4h] (a full house, Fours full of Kings)
    Parkyboy94: shows [Ad Qd] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
    BODY 100 collected 11410 from pot
    Parkyboy94 finished the tournament in 16th place

That river cost me getting into the money for example, just getting a little insane for my liking.

Also the amount of pocket pairs that appear in the game is just crazy, every time i see someone shove with pocket pairs, 8/10 times the caller has a higher pair, just got taken out last place before the money with JJ by a pre-flop shove from a KK, why pokerstars

44 will beat AQs 51% of the time when heads-up.

John (JWK24)
    Last edited by JWK24; Sun Mar 02, 2014, 01:35 AM.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Parkyboy94 View Post

...every time i see someone shove with pocket pairs, 8/10 times the caller has a higher pair....
      You do understand the concept that someone calling a shove is meant to have a stronger range than the person shoving?

Comment

I'm sure I saw a post somewhere from "BODY 100" complaining about Turns recently.

Then he came back in the thread and said that he had hit one of his insane 10 outs on the river.

Grade b

ps.

preflop you had 49% chance to win
        on flop you had 14% chance to win
        on the turn you had 77% chance to win
        and on the river 0% chance to win

And yet the only card you find to be miraculous is the river card? He had a better chance to hit his river than you did to hit a straight on turn and river combined.
        Last edited by Grade b; Sun Mar 02, 2014, 02:22 AM.
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.