PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Mgmt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Mgmt

Hello,

I found I'm better off with STT. The bankroll mgmt guideline says I should hv at least 30x buy in. However, I am guessing I should need more if it's 150players STT vs 45players STT. What is that 30x buyin based on? Is it based on 45 STT?

Hi,

There is a slight terminology problem here. STTs are Single Table Tournaments. 9 players. These are sometimes simply called Sit and Goes even though obviously there are also Sit and Goes with more (eg 45 or 90) players. The PSO article could be clearer about this, as it implies they are all the same thing.

For general bankroll management purposes, it looks as if the PSO advice is 30 buyins for the single table version, and 50 for MTTs. The 45 and 90 player games sit somewhere between the two in terms of variance, so maybe consider about 40 buyins for these? Of course, the bankroll that works for you does depend on your own circumstances (skill level, ease of replacing lost bankroll etc).

As I am currently discovering for myself though, variance always seems to be more extreme than we realise is possible.

Comment

Hi aznhaxor! I use 100 buy-ins for all of them. In the 45's and 90's (will be worse for more entrants), I've had multiple streaks of 25-35 losses in a row. These streaks will happen and I need to be able to deal with them without busting my bankroll. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.