PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rakeback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rakeback

Anybody able to explain rakeback for me please? I mean, I know I have heard about "rakeback sites" or whatever from time to time over the years. I guess the idea is that you get some money back of what you spend in rake, but it seems like there is not really anybody who just comes out and promotes it or anything so that makes me wonder if there is something sketchy about it.

I was under the impression that there are sites that are not the poker site you are playing on that pay rakeback for some reason. I don't know why they would do that, but I guess that's why I'm making this post asking about it. Are stellar rewards on Pokerstars considered to be a form of rakeback maybe?

Thanks

The term rakeback in the sense you mention does not apply to Pokerstars, but did apply to some sites (like old FT) and might still still apply to some other sites.

Basically the idea is that promoters that get you to sign up to some sites will earn a part of the rake you pay. Some of these promoters starting offering a part of this back to the players to induce them to sign up with them. this was mostly targeted towards high volume players (or big rake payers) to get this rakeback you needed to have signep up to said pokersite via these promoters.

In the context op Pokerstars, rakeback simply means the part of the rake that goes back towards the players via VIP program, Stellar Rewards and leaderboards. Not sure if overlays and freerolls should be counted in.

Comment

Ahh, cool. That makes more sense now. Thanks! umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.