PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hand confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand confusion

I was playing in a Omaha MTT when I had Q 9 10 4. the board came 5 3 7 K 6. my opponent had A 7 K 6 with no flush available. he won the pot, and I wrong to think that I should of won?

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24** Hi webby37563! In Omaha, a player MUST use two cards from their hand. No more, no less. Due to this, you had KQT76 and the opp had KK77A for two pair. You did not have a straight, as you have to use two cards. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

that is saying in holdem you carnt make a 4 card straight if I use the 4 and any other card in my hand I would still make my straight wouldn't I?
      Last edited by webby37563; Mon Feb 10, 2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

so u cannot make a 4 car straight in Omaha, im new to the games and would like to no for future reference.
        Last edited by webby37563; Mon Feb 10, 2014, 02:40 AM.

Comment

In NLHE, you can use up to all 5 cards on the board, so if it was hold'em, you would have the straight.

This is not the case in Omaha, as you have to use exactly 2 cards from your hand.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.