PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving up the limits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving up the limits

Hi, I am playing 0.5/0.10$ NL and I start from 50$ bankroll 0.1/0.2$ and I moved up a limit as my bankroll grew bigger.
    In the same time I played some MTTs (most of them freerolls) and won around 500$ , my bankroll is now 750$. Do I keep playing 0.5/0.10$ ( as that is the level I got from playing ring games) or I move up a limit or two ? I am playing 6 tables at time .

Hi oana1717!

There are two important factors to consider. Firstly, I strongly advise sticking to good bankroll management. This is incredibly important regardless of how good your are. I would suggest having a minimum of 40 buyins for where you are playing. So, for 10NL you should have a minimum of 400 bucks.

Secondly, is your skill level. If you are a winning player at 10NL, then you can take a few buyins and take a shot at 16NL and see how it goes. I would suggest setting aside for example 5 buyins for 16NL. If you lose these, then drop back to 10NL where you are comfortable. If you are winning at 16NL then stay there.

I would not recommend jumping over levels. Firstly, you aren't rolled for 25Nl. Secondly, the there is a significant skill increase among opponents at 25NL and higher.

Finally, when shot taking, I reduce the number of tables I play significantly so that I can focus 100% on the new level.

GLGL!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.