PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a bankroll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a bankroll

I was #36 in a hubbles freeroll and got a ticket for a weekly round 2
    I finished #186 there and got myself $1.
    I spent 25 cents on a 45 player SNG, finished #3 and got $1.70. This was the first time in my life playing poker with real money.

I have a bankroll of $2.45 now, how would you recommend building it from here?

I'm working on the bankroll builder promo already but I see little future in it as it forces me to use it in microstake cash games. ( I really dislike cash games, I prefer the competitive aspect of tournaments and I think bankroll management seems a lot easier in tournament play aswell. )

Hi Quaquaversal! To follow proper BRM (bankroll management), I need to have 100 buy-ins, in my bankroll before playing a given level of game. When I started (didn't deposit), I built my bankroll up to $25 in freerolls before I started playing the cash tourneys and when I started in cash, I was playing the dime ($50 added) and quarter ($100 added) MTT's. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.