PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

english please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• english please

I am relatively new to poker and the lingo is killing me. I have done a lot of the tutorials and get confused when terms like "push", "hijack" etc are used. I've googled the terms but that does really help either. reason I ask is that I don't understand the questions on the STT and MTT quizzes.....help!!!

*Moved to better fitting forum* - Fadyen

Hi wickedZ71,

Poker terminology can be quite confusing at first but you'll catch on in no time. You can find a glossary of terms >here< that should cover most things. I did notice "push" and "shove" aren't actually included in there but those simply mean to bet, usually all-in. I hope this helps you and if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey Wicked,
      Try this
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_poker_terms

Comment

Originally posted by wickedZ71 View Post
        I am relatively new to poker and the lingo is killing me.
        Hi wickedZ71, You will also find a 'Glossary' under the 'Play Poker' tab above which can be useful to find the meaning of some terms Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.