PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A/Q suited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/Q suited

At the beginning of freerolls there are sometimes 9k people playing. If I get the feel my opponent has pockets for example JJ, and I have A/Q suited, would it be right if he has called all in to go all in with him? Thank you.

Hi Ryanrouse13!

IMO, I don't like calling shoves early with AQ and most times even AK. Early in a tourney, I want a made hand (QQ+).

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Okay thank you. If I was short-stacked and was heading out of a tournament and there were 2 more hands until I was the big blind and I had a hand like 6/7 suited or 5/7 or 4/8 suited, because the first two are active cards 'I think' would you recommened that I shoved all in?

Comment

It depends on the type of tourney and stack sizes and position. Those hands may or may not be in the shove range.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ah right. thank you anyways, I'll just keep browsing the forums for tips.

Comment

Well you have told us your position and it depends on relative stack also a lot depends on how far you are from the bubble or if you have already made it, but certainly a 76 suited should be going in bubble dependent if you have just a few bb left
            Last edited by Danutz75; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

One thing I gather from your first comment is that you feel intimidated by the large tourney field. My advice is to forget the size of the field. The maximum number of players you will ever face is nine. Ignore the count. If you cannot survive your table, it doesn't matter if there are nine hundred or a million other players.

This doesn't mean to remain ignorant of the field. Know how many will be in the money and check the count during the hourly breaks. When you see it's close, you might want to adjust your strategy. But even then, you will only be facing nine players, not the entire field. Don't think about Player X who is on a different table. He might never come to your table, so why worry?

The real challenge in multiple table games comes when your table is consolidated. You have to be able to change mental gears. Imagine you are the big stick and when you are moved, you find yourself the short stacked player. There's the real challenge, adjusting your play due to such dynamics.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.