PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bankroll management rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bankroll management rules

hi all

I have 150$
    what size SNG I can play?

what are the bankroll management rules normally?

Hello lastmychance

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

You will find help with Bankroll management here

Comment

Hi LastmyChance,

I'm really glad to hear you ask about what level of game you should be playing as bankroll management is one of the most important things to keep in mind for any poker player who actually wants to make some profit. As for the buy in for a $150 roll, well that's ultimately up to you. Depending on if you want to be a bit more aggressive if you can afford to reload or if you want to be more conservative, perhaps if the $150 is all you have to spare for poker. Personally I'm on the very conservative side of things but everyone is different.

We have some really good guidelines in our Poker Basics Course that I think will really help you decide. You can find the Bankroll Management section here, as Tony pointed out, although I also recommmend going through all the course material on the site when you have time as there's some great info in there.

Good luck with whatever games you decide to play and if you have any more questions please be sure to ask away.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi LastmyChance! For any tourneys (sng's or mtt's), I use 100 buy-ins. Using this, a player with a $150 bankroll is properly bankrolled for $1.50 tourneys or below. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

2% max for MTT's and 5% max for STT's has worked well for me as a basic guideline. I also like to challenge myself sometimes so will start at $1.50 buyin when I cash 3 in a row move up a level, Fail to cash 3 in a row forced to move back down a level.. Keeps things interesting umbup:
          "A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Comment

thanks for answeringumbup: best sng format for building bankroll? : fifty50 ,STT,MTT thanks
            Last edited by LastmyChance; Wed Nov 06, 2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Hi LastMyChance!

I use 100 buy-ins, regardless of what type of tourney I'm playing (want to err on the safe side)

John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hi
                best sng format for building bankroll?
                I play 90 fifty50

Last edited by LastmyChance; Thu Nov 07, 2013, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.