PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stack sizes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stack sizes

Hi all,
    I'm fairly new to the game trying to become a consistently profitable NLHE player. I've been talking over a few hands with a friend of mine who is far above my level and he constantly says 'it's hard to tell you the optimum line without knowing stack sizes.' So my question is this, what is the relevance of your stack size with regards to betting lines/sizings. I realise this is a really wide open question, but was hoping for some core ideas or a link to where I can go to study it further as from the amount it comes up I'm guessing that understanding it would make me a significantly better player.
    Thanks!
    JJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey jsjones1989, Are you mainly a MTT player or a Cash Game player? Let me know and this will help me find you some relevant content. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi raiser.
      To be honest I haven't focused my attentions on one more than the other yet. I think cash game is probably the best to learn at this stage though. Obviously micro stakes at the minute, but with a view to moving upwards.
      JJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.