PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B vs B action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B vs B action

Hi guys,

Slightly confused from two hands that I recently posted - giving different advice. Now I undestand that both flatting and 3betting while in the blinds csan both be optimal play, but given the two hands that I posted I was wondering if someone could explain that (in the two situations below) and the advice that is given why that is the potentially optimal play.

1. http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nl-FR-Zoom-ATs

and

2. http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nl-FR-Zoom-KJo

With the first situation (1), according to the adivce given, the potential optimal play is to 3bet.

Now with situation (2), according to the advice given, the potential optimal play is to flat call.

As I have said, I understand that both can be optimal given what you know, but I am unsure why in the above situations.

Can anyone see why, i.e. is it because of the strength of the hands, or is it because of the reads that I have on opponents, etc? I am not sure.

Thanks for all your help,

Pullin1988
    Last edited by pullin1988; Mon Oct 28, 2013, 12:21 PM.

I think it is the other way round.

Comment

Cheers TweedleBeet!. I have now amended.

Pullin

Comment

hey pullin for both examples it's the strength of your hand that we're really considering vs the opponents range...

for the ATs hand a 3bet lets us define the opponents range like you said in your post if they 4bet we ditch the hand safely assuming QQ+/AK and move on. if they flat we have the initiative and can lead out on quite a few flops if it gets checked to us.

with the KJo hand we don't have a hand strong enough to 3bet as the only hands that are calling our 3 bet will be hands that dominate us Axs/KQ/pp and this also leaves us in a weird spot when we flop top pair Medium Kicker in a 3 bet pot which is never a comfortable position to be in.

Comment

Cheers Pinoy,

Thanks for the advice, that has sorted out my confusion.

Pullin

Comment

If we 3bet ATs and a player calls us OOP dont they have a much stronger range anyway like TT+ AQs+. Maybe im a nit OOP but i might call even tighter than that and sometimes looser. I have flatted the KJo in BB as well and always run into either 3 barrels and i fold or i call 2 streets and see a better kicker.

Comment

Hi mike,

that's what I wasn't sure about.

Cheers,

Pullin

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.