PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash game course:Miscalculating outs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash game course:Miscalculating outs

Hello,

i'm currently studying this part, and i think that i understand it pretty well, except 1 point:

Guess the kind of game that may have other players to discount outs with a pessimistic approach.

How can i guess the kind of games they could have ?
    besides their actions

i'm looking forward to your replies

What games are you playing?

I might be misunderstanding your question, but I think that before you start worrying about this kind of things, you must
    a) make sure your own game is solid pre-flop. A lot of "counting outs" situations are situation that a beginner should avoid getting into in the first place
    b) observe your opponents play closely, specially look at how many hands they are playing and raising preflop, and are they passive post-flop? This will allow you to group your opponents into player types that tend to all play very similarly. some of these groups will "discount outs with a pessimistic approach" but others gave no concept of counting outs at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Syldsp View Post
      Hello, Guess the kind of game that may have other players to discount outs with a pessimistic approach.
      Hey Syldsp, How are you keeping? Can you link me to the page where you see the sentence in our Cash Game quiz please? I'll do my best to help Raiser umbup:

Comment

ooops. I did not notice that you were quoting a course, so I did not understand your question.
        please ignore my previous answer.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.