PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie-Intermediate Reading Material besides PSO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie-Intermediate Reading Material besides PSO

Hi,

I am fairly new to Poker and was looking for books to read to strengthen my basic and intermediate game. I play lots of other card games so have a good idea of odds but find that I make more mistakes than I think after discovering the odds calculator

I could finish in the top 500 of tournaments more often if I play sensibly so I feel I have a fair understanding of NLHE, or a beginning atleast. I am looking to take this to the next level.

Any pointers are appreciated - books, videos, software..
    I wish there were a way to easily guesstimate my skill level to point me in the right direction.

Cheers!
    Last edited by IBStryp; Wed Sep 25, 2013, 08:32 PM.

Hi
    I have found Harrington on Hold 'em very usefull books, Volume one deals with Strategic play.
    A very usefull source of poker books and information is available at www.twoplustwo.com

Hope this helps, im sure other members will also be suggesting some books for your consideration.

Goodluck

Comment

Thanks, I'm a little surprised at the lack of other suggestions but hey ho.

So these 2 for a good starting point for a beginner/intermediate player:

.. are a good start?

Thanks!

Comment

Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time (vol 1, 2 and 3)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't understand how you can be new to poker, but want to learn intermediate strategy? Either way though, I know a good book for intermediate NLHE 6max. 'Harrington on Online Cash Games; 6-Max No-Limit Hold’em'. It doesn't apply directly to full ring, but you can adjust accordingly I would think. I would strongly recommend it though. Also, I know there have been a bunch of threads in the past about poker books. Seaching PSO might reveal a lot as well. umbup:

Comment

Andrew Seidman - Easy Game Volume I.pdf - No Limit Holdem

Also Volume 2

Grade b
            I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I recommend "every hand revealed" by mr. gus hansen I will warn you this book will ruin you in the short term but be a benefit in the long term. Does this make sense? umbup:

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.