PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 SNG tips by Dale Philip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 SNG tips by Dale Philip

Hi, An article by team pro Dale Philip. We should know this? Then after reading maybe I've got a bit lazy. 10 Tips: Crushing Multi-Table SNGs umbup:
    Attached Files

It's a good blog! umbup:
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Very good blog. umbup: It may be things we SHOULD know Forrest,but a reminder doesn't hurt. In the down time I've had as a US player the last 2+ years I was able to examine a lot of my play from before and Tips 2 and 3 are the two things that Dale touches on in this article that I have targeted in my game as needing to be most improved upon. Tips 1 and 4 through 9 I've pretty much got a handle on. Tip 10 was what I was trying to focus on when Black Friday pulled the rug out from beneath us. I was comfortable playing 4 tables,was looking to knock out a few hundred like that,check my stats and then look into 6 tables,go for another few hundred,check my stats and if I liked what I saw,bump it up to 8. Rinse and repeat. Didn't have a set target in mind really,doubt it could ever be more than 12 for me,but that's not to say IF I can do 12 tables and be happy with my numbers at some point that I won't then try to push past it. Basically like Dale says...get to a level where you're stuck being less profitable than you were playing a couple tables less at the previous level and you pretty much know what your limit is. Like many US players I'm hoping to get that chance,sooner than later. If only our dimwit government wasn't so -EV.

Comment

Excellent blog, he's a good way with words.

I would also add that a lot of the "regs" know this style and while it's easy to read, it's incredibly difficult to play against.

The next level up is to work out what type of regs they are and exploit them. There are several different types of regs but every player has an Achilles heal (or several) so work on them.

Edit. and to add, I never thought too much about structures but it's given me food for thought.
        Last edited by Ovalman; Sat Sep 14, 2013, 01:23 AM. Reason: added edit
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

not read the tips yet but i bet i only know 4 or 5 so ty

@Moxie i really really feel for you and US players as to not being able to play online at least on the bigger sites I really dont understand black Friday ive read some but dont get it

read now sweet article definitly learned few things like different structures like ovalman said already
          Last edited by rolo834; Sat Sep 14, 2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Some good tips thank you dale, but being me I will have to run It twice or even three times before It sinks in umbup:

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.