PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FL Hold em tourney tips needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Hold em tourney tips needed

I have just entered my first ever FL Hold'em tourney. Any good tips? Thanks umbup:

Rob,

The biggest tip I can give to you is to not play loose when OOP. You can play wider IN position, but not when OOP. Also, don't pay players off on river bets when you know you're behind.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/cou...oldem-Strategy has some basic advice too, so I hope you have time to read it if you're still around at break time.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good stuff.

Finished..... 30 away from the money.

Comment

I love a bit of Limit but mainly in STT and cash form. MTTs are different because it's hard to shake off the maniacs early and it's harder to keep to the average stack.

I wrote a blog about Limit with a few tips but unfortunately I can't beat the MTT game so some of what I said won't apply.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

I can make it simple. You've got a decent stack in the beginning so you can play your best FL game as if you were playing a cash game. When the blinds go up and everyone's getting more or less short stacked the game changes. It's a lot like NL then. If you've got less than 10BB in your stack, don't play any hand that you couldn't go all-in with, preflop. When you play the hand short stacked, the worst thing you can do is to call the bets on the flop, call the turn, and fold the river. If you decide to play your pocket pair or AQ, be prepared to go all the way to showdown and keep the pot small unless you're sure you're ahead. That also means calling with an ace high all the way. There aren't many hands that I would actually fold post flop because of the flop but 22 would be one when the flop comes out AKQ. That said, don't play speculative hands with a short stack because there are no cheap flops out there, no chasing for straights etc. That's it! Learn more by playing.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.