PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone answer this question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone answer this question?

I was playing at the Horseshoe in Tunica last night. This was the 2nd Tournament I ever played in. To make a long story short, I had a pair of 7's. The other guy didn't have nothing, and I knew it. He tried to bluff me by going all in. I called his bluff and went all it. I hit the 3rd 7 for three of a kind beating his hand. The dealer said the other player had to cover me, so he won the hand. I have never heard of that or read about that anyplace. Did I get screwed?

Did you get any chips? It sounds to me like your opponent had more chips than you so he had you "covered" . They get the side pot and you should get the main pot.

Although I haven't been there in a few years, I always considered it the best run poker room in the area. If you have reasonable doubt about the dealer's action call for a floor person to verify. If the dealer gets upset, they shouldn't be dealing. If your opponent objects, I definitely want the floor.

Comment

what was the 5 board cards

what was his hand

did you get some chips and he got some?

you can only win as many chips as you start with from a single player.

so if yo have 500chips and he has 1000

when he went all in and you called he has more chips than you (he has you "covered")

you have the best hand and win 1000 chips your 500 plus 500 from him and he gets a refund of 500 chips
      Last edited by Grade b; Thu Sep 05, 2013, 06:00 AM.
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Pretty sure you did not have the best hand. What were his hole cards and the board? If you were busted out, maybe the 7 that gave you a set also made him a straight?

If you got the main pot and were all in, and 2 or more players who had more chips were competing for an additional side pot, the winner between them would get the side pot and you'd get the main pot (if you had the best hand).

EDIT: Also, 100% sure you did not get screwed. While mistakes can happen, it sounds like what you're sort of describing would be a huge mistake that is not only very unlikely in a well run professional room like Horseshoe Tunica but also that none of the other players caught it either? You misunderstood something I think, but don't think you were screwed.
        Last edited by TheLangolier; Thu Sep 05, 2013, 06:38 AM.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello sparky9614,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

I would agree with what others have said that it is very unlikely for a mistake that big to go unnoticed, I assume you may have misunderstood something. If you remember the other cards this may help figure it out.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.